How to Apply for Admission
Applying to UMUC is quick and easy. Here's how to get started.
Apply Online Today
- See the admission requirements for your program below
- Complete the online application for admission
- Pay the non-refundable application fee by credit card
- To walk through the application process with a field representative,
see the list of locations for contact information
- Request a free Fast Plan to see how close you are to completing your degree
Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, American employees of the U.S. Government, and their family members residing within an overseas contracted site may enroll in undergraduate classes through University of Maryland University College Europe. Questions about eligibility should be addressed to the director of Student Affairs in Heidelberg, Germany.
Learn about admission requirements before you apply. You'll need to complete the application for admission and pay the non-refundable application fee. Along with your application, you will also need to provide documentation of your educational background as described below.
Undergraduate General Criteria
You are not required to submit official transcripts, but you must submit documents that describe your educational background for official evaluation by UMUC. These documents should indicate that you have:
- Graduated from a regionally accredited or state-approved high school or successfully completed the GED examination with a total score of 225 and no score below 40 on any of the five tests (if taken prior to January 2002) or a total score of 2250 and no score below 410 (if taken January 2002 or later ).
- A cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better on all college-level work attempted at other regionally accredited colleges and universities, including University System of Maryland institutions.
Graduate General Criteria
To apply for admission, you must:
- Submit your official transcripts indicating completion of at least a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited degree-granting university or college.
- Review the admission requirements for your individual program. Some graduate programs require the submission of additional information before an admission decision can be made. See individual program descriptions for more details.
Last updated: 12 April 2013