Financing your education is a major commitment, but at UMUC you will discover a variety of financial aid options that can work within your budget. UMUC financial aid advisors are ready to help you explore these options.
- $150 Military Book Award for Active Duty Servicemembers (All Ranks)
- $150 Europe Book Award for Family Members of Active Duty Servicemembers (All Ranks)
Application Priority Deadlines
|June 1||November 1||April 1|
UMUC Aid Information
- TA Alternate Funding Options
- Disbursement Information
Have you received your financial aid disbursement this semester? Please review thechecklist to ensure timely disbursement.
- Are you enrolled at least half-time in your program of study?
- Are you meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress?
- Did you accept your financial aid award for the 2012-13 academic year?
- Did you complete and submit your Master Promissory Note and Entrance Interview to UMUC?
- Are all items in your "To Do" list in MyUMUC submitted and complete?
For more information about finacial aid, visit MyUMUC. Click on Student Center, and your financial aid information will be located in the Finances section.
- Financial Aid Policies
- Undergraduate Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Graduate Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Return of Title IV Funds Policy
- Pell Grant Calculator
- Net Price Calculator for Undergraduates
- Financial Aid Application Checklist (PDF, 1.6 MB)
2012-2013 FAFSA Information
- 2012-2013 FAFSA on the Web Worksheet (PDF, 526 KB) - complete this worksheet only if your plan to use the FAFSA on the Web to apply for Federal Student Aid. Please do not fax or mail this in.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - complete the FAFSA as soon as possible; the 2012-2013 deadline for this application is 30 June 2013. In order for UMUC to receive your information electronically, you must use the school code 011644.
- 2012-2013 Special Condition Appeal Form (PDF, 91 KB)
- 2012-2013 Dependent Verification Worksheet (PDF, 27 KB)
- 2012-2013 Parent and Grad PLUS Loan Application
- 2012-2013 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal Form (PDF, 230 KB)
- 2012-2013 Dependency Appeal Form (PDF, 86 KB)
- 2012-2013 Verification of Child Support Paid Worksheet (PDF, 81 KB)
- 2012-2013 Verification of Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Worksheet (PDF, 82 KB)
- 2012-2013 Overlapping Loan Clearance Form (PDF, 96 KB)
- Consortium Agreement Contract (PDF, 110 KB)
- In-School Deferment Form (PDF, 154 KB) - Please complete this form and submit to the Office of the Registrar via fax at +1-240-684-2005 or +1-240-684-2006.
- Funding Education Beyond High School: The Guide to Federal Student Aid
- Electronic Master Promissory Note
- Entrance Counseling Guide Book (PDF, 827 KB)
- Entrance Counseling Exam
- Loan Information and Tools
- Exit Counseling Guide Book (PDF, 37 KB)
- Exit Counseling Exam
- In-School Deferment Form (PDF, 154 KB)
- Military Deferment Form (PDF, 84 KB) - only for loans that were disbursed on or after July 1, 2001.
The Higher Education Reconciliation Act of 2005 (the HERA) included a provision establishing a new military deferment for borrowers with loans made under the FFEL, Direct Loan, and Perkins Loan programs. Under the new provision, a borrower may defer repayment on eligible loans for up to three years while he or she is serving on active duty during a war or other military operation or national emergency, or performing qualifying National Guard duty during a war or other military operation or national emergency. The new military deferment created by the HERA is available only for FFEL, Direct Loan, and Perkins Loan program loans that were first disbursed on or after July 1, 2001.
Veterans Education Benefits
Other Great Scholarship Web Sites
- Scholarship Resource Network Express
- College Board.org
- Army Emergency Relief Scholarship - program for spouses and dependent children
- Scholarships for Military Children
- Army Emergency Relief Scholarship
Online Support Center
Visit the UMUC Financial Aid Online Support Center and get assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can browse our extensive FAQ catalog, contact us via e-mail, chat live, or request a call from our Financial Aid Office.
The Financial Aid Office offers a full range of services and information on all aspects of financial aid. We encourage you to contact a financial aid advisor for any assistance you may need. Advisors are available Monday through Friday, 0800-1700 CET.
DSN 314-370-6762, ext. 324
CIV +49-(0)6221-378324 or 3780
Last updated: 18 March 2013