About webText Europe
1. What is webText Europe?
WebText Europe is the new UMUC Europe secure, online textbook ordering service that allows you to order all of your textbooks for UMUC Europe on-site and online courses any time you choose. With webText Europe, you can enjoy quick and convenient online service and still receive on-site assistance from your local field representative.
2. How do I create an account?
If you have already established a MyUMUC student account, you must enter your name, date of birth, last four of your SSN or national ID, and student ID (EmplID) exactly as it appears in your MyUMUC student portal*. To verify this information, please log in to your MyUMUC student portal and navigate to:
MyInfo > Contact Information > Display My EmplID for your student ID (EmplID) and name, and to Demographic Info for your date of birth (in mm/dd/yyyy format) and last four of your SSN or national ID.
*If you do not yet have a valid student ID (EmplID), you may still establish a webText Europe account and order textbooks; however, you will need to update your account information once the student ID (EmplID) is available.
To establish your webText Europe account, please follow the steps below.
- Go to webText Europe
- Click Create New Account in the Account Sign In box
- Fill out all required fields
- Click Create New Account
3. How do I order textbooks from webText Europe?
After creating a new account or logging in:
- Click the Place a Textbook Order link
- Select the session and class location of your class from the drop down menus and click Submit
- Select the course(s) for which you want to order textbooks by checking the Add box to the left of the class
- Click View Course Materials at the bottom of the page
- View the associated texts for the courses you selected
- Click the Add to Cart button for each text you wish to buy
- Click Add to Shopping Cart at the bottom of the page
- View your order and confirm its contents
- Click Proceed to Checkout and continue through the checkout process
4. How do I order books for a UMUC Asia or UMUC Stateside course?
Because some campuses of UMUC use different textbooks for similar courses, you must order your textbook from the campus offering the course for which you have registered. If you are taking a course through a different UMUC campus, you must order your textbooks through the following sites:
5. How do I pay for my books?
You are encouraged to pay for your textbooks directly with a credit card (Discover, MasterCard, or Visa) when you place the order through webText.
If you have financial aid, grants, book awards, tuition assistance, or other forms of third party payment support, you may select the Third Party Payment option when ordering your textbook(s). Please note: if for some reason these fees are not paid by the above methods, you will be billed for the payment.
6. How do I receive my books?
When placing your order, you may choose the location to where you want your textbooks delivered, including your APO/FPO address, your local UMUC field site, or to the field site where the course will be held. You may select any of those options when placing your order. Shipping is free of charge.
You may also change or modify your delivery options before the order is processed and shipped. To change or modify your delivery options, please:
- Log in to your webText account
- Click the View Textbook Orders link
- Click the View Order button
- Change or modify your delivery options in the appropriate fields
- Click the Update Order Information button
7. How soon are the books shipped?
Textbook orders are generally shipped within two business days from the UMUC Europe distribution facility in Heidelberg, Germany. Occasionally, shipments from U.S. publishers are delayed, so please order early. We ship via MPS to APO/FPO addresses, USPS to the USA and its territories, and UPS to education centers within Germany. Expect delivery in 5-10 business days and slightly longer for APO/FPO addresses in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
8. What is the policy on refunds?
Click here for the Textbook Refund Policy.
9. Where can I buy used textbooks?
UMUC Europe has partnered with its sister campus in Asia to provide students with TexTrader. UMUC students can buy or sell used textbooks through this free online site. To see what is currently available, please visit the TexTrader site. Since textbooks and editions do change, we highly encourage you to verify the correct edition of the book being used in your class prior to purchasing a used textbook for it.
10. Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
For non-technical questions regarding textbooks, please contact your local field representative or the
UMUC Europe Textbook Office at:
UMUC Europe Textbook Office
DSN 314-370-6762, ext. 240
For technical questions regarding the webText site, please contact the UMUC Europe Helpdesk at:
UMUC Europe Helpdesk
Last updated: 5 August 2010